Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Watch the Throne review

I listened to Watch the Throne once and it was OK. I cannot argue with the level of production or the megastars on there but lately I've been into that music where I can relate to the artist more. I don't know anyone that owns a jet nah mean? So the album came off a little exobritant to me.

Here are some articles that are definetly worth a read that explain the view point I hold better that I could:

"Originally intended as a 5-track EP by Jay-Z and his protegé turned superstar Kanye West Watch The Throne evolved into something much bigger than initially planned. The recording process, taking place across hotel rooms and studios in Hawaii, Australia, New York, France, England, Dubai and Los Angeles, resulted in numerous incarnations of the album which were scrapped or re-done due to creative differences. Being one of the only major albums of recent years to avoid an internet leak it was finally released on August 8th through Kanye West and Jay-Z's own labels Roc-A-Fella Records, Roc Nation, and Def Jam Recordings."
-Being and Nothingness

Song by song review by Ghostface Killa. #funny

Wealth and Hip Hop, Is it bad economic timing for 'Watch The Throne'?

What do you think, did they go overboard? Should they have stuck to a 5 track EP?

No comments:

Post a Comment