Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Dwyer on Miami Football

I've listened to a lot of sports radio and read a lot of blogs about this Miami football scandal.. But, I must say this piece done by Dwyer is one of the best.. It's really simple: most corruption has money behind it.. I'm not saying anything profound here but it is especially true in this scenario. . Many people are calling for the death penalty for Miami.. The death penalty essentially kills your program for 20 years by removing TV rights, scholarships, bowl bans, and much more.. Dwyer argues that there is NO WAY that Miami is getting the death penalty.. I somewhat agree with his premise.. Miami is one of THE anchors of the ACC conference.. They have a national fan base and without them on TV and the prestige of the program in the conference it will kill the ACC.. not to mention how are ESPN and other affiliates going to feel about airing ACC regular season games without Miami? I just don't see it happening unless they find just blatant indisputable evidence during this investigation.. I'm not saying this is right, but we do live in a capitalistic society where money rules all.. and giving Miami the death penalty will cost the NCAA, ABC, ESPN, ACC, and the city of Miami a lot of money



People may ask me to do my own podcast about this, and believe me it's coming.. I just don't want to do a podcast blasting these kids or the NCAA when I don't have any answers or solutions.. EVERYONE has been blasting someone in this story for the past two days.. That's just not how I want to do the podcast.. I'm going to come up with my idea, no matter how outlandish, of what I think the NCAA should do.. I will tell you that I do believe in paying players and I do believe in more strict penalties for all parties.. for more of my insight you will just have to wait untill another time my JMHOers

No comments:

Post a Comment