Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Royce Da 5'9-Success Is Certain



I know. I know. Everyone is still going apeshit over Watch The Throne (shit Ive listened to it at least 20 times now) and honestly thats all I was going to listen to until I found out Royce dropped his "Success Is Certain" album today. After giving it 2 listen so far, I've gotta say this shit is DOPE!

I can honestly say that I don't dislike a single track on this album. Obviously some are stronger than others. Songs like "Legendary", "Writers Block (feat Eminem)", "Security" and "Merry Go Round" and a few others are fucking superb. "Legendary" is such an awesome way to open the album and "Merry Go Round" features some personal lyrics from Royce. The rest of the tracks are impressive as hell though. "Second Place" is a DJ Premier banger. Whats wild about it is right as the beat starts to get dull, Primo puts in a well timed sample or scratch to keep things fresh. "My Own Planet" features Joe Budden and a catchy beat and hook. "Ive Been Up Ive Been Down" is a great way to end the album.

I honestly haven't checked for much from Royce after his great "Death Is Certain" album. I'm glad I checked this album out though. The lyrics, the beats, and the hooks are all dope. This album made me a fan of Royce again. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment