Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Watch The Throne initial reaction

I cant do a review of this album within 12 hours of listening to it. I can however quickly tell you what my initial reaction is.

Ive listened to the album about 4 times now. I listened to it in the car at night and during the day. I also listened to it twice at home during night and day. There are definitely some highs and lows on this album. The production was pretty solid throughout and I actually enjoyed some of the things they tried on it. The breakdowns and beat changes were pretty awesome. Lyrically Kanye didn't impress me too much. I enjoyed Jay's verses much more. The album definitely bangs in the car though. I was nodding my head a lot more while in the car compared to listening to it at home.

Based on my initial reaction, I think if you have an open mind you'll enjoy this album. If you're expecting Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint Jay or College Dropout/Late Registration Kanye, you'll be disappointed. Hell, if youre expecting straight hip-hop youll probably be disappointed. Id consider this mostly hip-pop more than anything else but its still entertaining as hell.

Favorite Tracks As Of Now: Who Gon Stop Me, Murder To Excellence, Why I Love You, and New Day

No comments:

Post a Comment