Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

THE ELEVEN ONE ELEVEN THEORY

Wale is one of my favorite rappers.. When I heard 100 miles and running I thought it was one of the best combos of smooth beats/lyricism that I've ever heard from a mixtape.. His style was just so different from any other rapper.. It's almost like he was spitting poetry.. the problem with poets who try to rap is their delivery is off but Wale didn't have that problem.. Many people might scoff at the poetry example but take a listen to Ambitious Girl pt 1 and tell me the dude doesn't have skills..

Ever since he joined MMG I have been a huge supporter.. I just feel like he is getting away from what made Wale, Wale. I understand having a few club records and I have liked damn near all of them he has put out.. But with this mixtape I want to see a little more of the vintage Wale.. I made a statement in "The Throne" podcast how people change and we should expect it, and that we should stop thinking rappers are going to backtrack when their lives have changed so much.. However, when Wale was on Interscope, was always complaining about how they would never let him put the conscious records and records he liked on the album.. In fact one of the reasons he went to MMG was to have creative control.. I have yet to see too much of that since the label switch

In closing, I will always support Wale's music.. He is the voice of the area where I reside.. and he's given me a ton of free and classic music in the past.. I am just a little skeptical about this debut MMG release.. Isn't it funny the bigger the fan you are it's the more you worry about how the album is going to sound.. I know the homie Rizzle were talking about it with Coles dubut.. BUT WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU






UPDATE: After listening only once this mixtape deserves a podcast for all my thoughts.. expect that in a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment