Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Mortal Kombat 9



I'm usually on this thing talking about music but I figured I'd talk about the new Mortal Kombat game today. That shit rules. I'm not really one for video games these days but when people kept telling me I should check out the new MK game, I figured I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did.

The story mode is the best thing I've seen in a fighting game in a LONG time. It's pretty much a long cutscene with a bunch of fights in between. You get a feel for all the characters and understand how they came to be. You also get into some of the most difficult fights I've ever encountered. All I can really say without giving too much away is fuck Shao Kahn and his dumbass hammer. Story mode isn't easy and even though I beat it (swag) I'm not confident I could do it again.

Once you beat Story Mode, there's still a lot to do. Theres a challenge tower with about 300 or so challenges (I'm in the 70s and its already getting difficult), the classic ladder fight, and of course online mode. I haven't played much online mode yet but from what I hear it's awesome.

The X-ray mode is crazy. Once your power bar gets to a certain level, you can do an X-Ray attack that shows the bones breaking and shattering. And of course, there's fatalities. AND they're the most gruesome I've ever seen in a MK game. Anything from ripping off heads, to slicing people into pieces, to classic stage fatalities like the pit and the acid bath.

In summary, the new Mortal Kombat kicks ass and I'd suggest it to anyone that was a fan of the original games or anyone that just wants a good fighting game thats better than most. Story Mode rules, the challenge tower rules, the special moves rule, the fatalities rule, and online mode rules. If you're a MK fan or just looking for a good fighting game, check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment