Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

#CovertCoup First Impressions

Well, It's been nearly 24 hours since the much anticipated #CovertCoup was released and after a day of nonstop listening to the FREEP (I'm listening to it as I write this) all I can say is WOW.

The tape starts off hard, with the infectious track , "BBS" and continues to get stronger throughout, with a perfect finale in the previously leaked "Full Metal". While some may complain that the beats are too dark and too similar to one another, I feel like The Alchemist has set up the perfect background for Spitta Andretti to deliver some of the most crisp, thought provoking bars he may have ever spit. So far my two favorite tracks on the EP are "Smoke Break" and "Scottie Pippen" where Freddie Gibbs drops one of the illest verses on the WHOLE set. After the first 24 hours and probably about 10 good listens front to back, #CovertCoup gets the ROGG RATING of a 9.25. The ONLY things holding the EP back from receiving a 10 so far, are the fact that it only has Ten tracks (acceptable for an EP) and that I wish each song was a minute or two longer. Anyways, I would definately recommend checking out the tape, I guarantee you will enjoy it even if you aren't familar or used to the stylings of either Spitta or Alchemist. So far, I can safely that #CovertCoup is in my top 3 mixtapes/eps of the year, but we will have see if it stands the test of time, because 24 hours ain't shit when it comes to music....


Below I have posted my favorite songs so far, mentioned above....check them out..



Seeing that I posted "Scottie Pippen" the other day I also posted my 3rd Favorite song for you all, titled "The Type"...enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment