Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

400 Richest Americans

I REFUSE to talk politics on this blog.. However, I do believe in bringing up social issues that effect the youth.. I am a 24 year old government worker who attends graduate school.. I am not rich and I work hard for my money and even have a 2nd job.. One of the reasons I am forced to work overtime is because I pay a shit ton of money every check out to taxes.. Literally over 25%! I am not saying this for sympathy.. I know plenty of people work harder and work for less than I do.. I am pointing this out because I am an average working American who pays more than I think I should for taxes.. The reason I do not complain because I know all of you are paying the same amount.. That doesn't make me happy, but it does make me feel like this is system is fair fair.. BUT, this article by Forbes is what I have been preaching/believing all along.. RICH PEOPLE DO NOT PAY TAXES! They have the most loopholes and the best accountants in the world and they get away with murder.. while the hard working middle class give away what could be disposable income that could be pumped back in the Economy on taxes.. I don't know enough about politics to say who's right GOP or DEMS about this budget debate but I do know that this isn't right.. read for yourself

The 400 richest Americans used to pay 30% of their income on the average to Uncle Sam. Today, they pay 18% on the average, according to Steve Rattner, a Wall Street financier, who just presented these figures on Mornings With Joe,MSNBC.


I am not going to post the whole article because it has too much political puffery surrounding it.. But here is the main summary.. the question is what can, or what are we going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment