Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Biggie Smalls... May 21,1972-March 9, 1997

In honor of the Great Biggie Smalls, We here at JMHO have each decided to pick our 3 favorite Biggie Tracks of all time and share them with you all....

Biggie had a profound effect on all of us here at JMHO...

My personal memories center around chilling at my man Vinneys house and having nothing but Ready To Die, Life After Death, and Born Again, on repeat all day, evvveryday, just dissecting the lyrics and being in awe of the ease in which Biggie crafted masterpieces..

Big ups to the Man, The Myth, The Legend, Biggie Smalls



This might not only be one of my favorite Biggie songs but maybe one of my favorite songs of all time, period... The beat which is sampled from Debarge's "Stay with Me" hits perfectly and creates the perfect backdrop for Biggie to deliver verse after verse of heat..

Favorite Line: Isn't this great? Your flights leaves at eight,her flights lands at nine, my game just rewind...
Lyrically I'm Supposed to represent, I'm not only a client, I'm the player president.



Warning is by far one of the hardest tracks Biggie ever came out with...I don't think I've ever met a Biggie fan who doesn't have this one in their top 5.

Favorite Line: Who the fuck is this? Paging me at 5:46 in the morning, cracka dawning, now im yawning, wipe the cold out my eye, see whose this paging me and WHY?

(Might be my favorite intro of all time)



This one was always cool because you got a chance to see 2 MC's on top of their games go back and forth from verse to verse, trying to one up each other, but at the same time showing the other mad respect.

Favorite Line:
So instead of makin hoes suck my dick up,
I used to do stick-ups
Cause hoes is irritatin like the hic-CUPS
Excuse me, flows just grow through me
Like trees to branches
Cliffs to avalanches
It's the praying mantis
Deep like the mind of Farrakhan
A motherfuckin rap phenomenon

No comments:

Post a Comment